Our friends in Clicks & Whistles just dropped a free track on XLR8R. Not only are they the nicest of guys, but they've been runnin things in the progressive bass game for a minute now. "Adventure Tune" is an drum shuffling, upbeat number, well worth your time.
Grab it from XLR8R: HERE
posted by Anonymous – 9/12/12 11:29 AM
There has been much going on in the world of Star Eyes since her latest 'The Night' EP came out a few weeks ago. She took us on a tour of her favorite spots in San Francisco, she made a mix for the T&B Smashcast, she created charts for both Beatport and Juno, and that's not the end of it all. We understand if you got lost in the buzz about Star Eyes in the past few weeks, so here it is condensed all into one place!
Stream the release:
Stream and download her T&B Smashcast mix HERE!
Download the KKoee remix of 'The Night' at XLR8R.com!
Download the Deathface remix of 'The Night' through at RCRDLBL.com!
Check out her Night inspired chart on Beatport.com!
Check out her chart for Juno Download!
posted by Anonymous – 1/30/12 1:55 PM
Last week XLR8R posted a free download of the unreleased remix of Star Eyes 'The Night' by Berlin based kkoee, check out what XLR8R has to say about the digital exclusive remix over HERE!
posted by The Captain – 1/23/12 1:38 PM
We're very pleased and honored to say that Samo Sound Boy's "Shuffle Code " music video has been announced as the #1 Best video of 2011 by our friends at XLR8R Magazine. Other great videos include M83, Fatima Al Qadiri, SBTRKT and more! Video was made by the great Myk31 (T Shirt collab coming soon)
Check out the Top Ten over at XLR8R Magazine!
posted by The Captain – 12/14/11 2:31 PM
Willy Joy returns to Trouble & Bass with his biggest release yet. Willy Joy has been busy since his last release with T&B, “Heavy Bass Champions of the World Vol. X” w/ Rob Threezy, Willy signed to Trouble & Bass Bookings and has since been touring all over North America as well as releasing on Diplo’s imprint Mad Decent, for their Moombahton Remixes for Legitmix and tons of remixes for the likes of Hostage, Kastle, Treasure Fingers and more! In 3 tracks, Willy explores what it really can mean to be heavy. The title track, "Whispering Woods", is a face-blistering chunk of electro stabs and drum rolls that recalls your first metal show as much as a bad trip in the forest. "Superhuman" dials up the bass and jacks the groove, an unstoppable monster on a rampage directly through the middle of the dance floor. "Gimme Dat" has a swirling raved-up bounce, complete with trap'd hi hats and Willy's near-signature sample chops, which has already gotten some love from XLR8R Magazine. Three tracks with three unique sounds, tied together by precise sound design and an urgent need to get everybody on the floor, NOW. For fans of fuzzed out bass, heavy bass electro and Tiga, ZZT and Zombie Nation.
Buy the Release: iTunes / Beatport / Juno / Amazon
Some feedback from DJ's:
- "High-quality sound design, booming dancefloor riddims, and high-energy vocal samples... an evolution of the club-ready style that he's so well-versed in." - XLR8R Magazine
- "Willy Joy. Superhuman. Yes!"- Etienne De Crecy
- "Daaaaaaaaamn this is a banger fuckin hell... festival material!" - Drop The Lime
- "This is awesome. whispering woods is so sick." - AC Slater (Trouble & Bass, Party Like Us)
- "This shit goes" - Flosstradamus
- "Great EP! Been rinsing the hell out of it!" - Tittsworth
- "The new EP is FANTASTIC!!" - Bird Peterson
- "God this EP is so good. Please say you are making the EP cover into a shirt." - B. Rich (Party Like Us)
- "Yes! Gonna play "Gimme dat" on the radio show I'm producing in Italy for Italian National Radio 2 Rai." - Elisa Bee, Italy
- "I'll be playing out superhuman!" - Michna, (Ghostly International)
- "Nice! really feeling the first 2 tracks, will def spin em!" Dev 79 (Seclusiasis)
- "Superhuman is BIG! Always new Willy had special powers. Fullest of support! thanks" - DJ Neoteric
posted by The Captain – 12/13/11 11:51 AM